Water Minister Dave Kelly has congratulated the eight winners and all finalists of this year’s Australian Water Association Western Australian Water Awards and thanked them for their commitment to innovation and excellence.
The annual awards, held on Friday 25 October as part of National Water Week celebrations, recognise leaders and innovators in the State’s water industry.
Congratulations to the winners;
- Program Innovation Award – Drainage for Liveability – Water Corporation and the Department of Water and Environmental Regulation
- Research Innovation Award – Treatment of Highly Alkaline Industry Wastewater through SPORE – Environmental Engineers International
- Infrastructure Project Innovation Award – Kununurra Diversion Dam Gantry Crane – Water Corporation and Vector Lifting
- Innovating for Sustainable Water and Environmental Outcomes Award – Integrated Water Management Strategy – Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale and Wallbridge Gilbert Aztec
- Water Professional of the Year Award – Jeremy Maher, Manager Sustainability and Environment, City of Bayswater
- Student Water Prize – Unravelling Stream Ecosystem Functioning in Urban Landscapes to Improve Management of Water Quality and Habitat – Jen Middleton, University of Western Australia
- Young Water Professional of the Year Award – Rebecca Ferguson, Catchment Management Officer, City of Bayswater
- Young Water Professional High Commendation – Nicole Locke, Water Corporation