The Australian Water Association WA Awards have been designed to acknowledge the exceptional achievements by individuals and organisations in the WA water industry. The Awards recognise innovation and excellence in delivery of water projects and programs. The awards have become the vehicle that showcases the outstanding work that is being carried out across the state, including a number of entries from Regional WA. The Awards were established in 1996 to recognise and celebrate outstanding contributions related to water in Western Australia.
The WA Awards are in line with the Australian Water Association National Awards and provide the opportunity for the WA winners to enter in the National Awards which are presented at Ozwater each year.
Award Nominations now open for 2021
The 2021 Winners will be announced at the WA Awards Night on Friday, 29 October 2021. Nominations close 31 August 2021.
The WA Water Awards categories are:
- Water Professional of the Year
- Young Water Professional of the Year Award (sponsored by Xylem)
- Student Water Prize (sponsored by GHD)
- Infrastructure Project Innovation Award
- Organisational Excellence Award
- R&D Excellence Award (sponsored by WaterRA)
- WA Water Sensitive Urban Design (Grahame Heal) Award (State based award only)
- WA Innovating for Sustainable Water and Environmental Outcomes Award (State based award only)
Why enter the Awards:
- Recognition of your / your organisation’s achievements.
- Creation of PR / media promotion opportunities.
- Motivate your team and develop corporate pride.
- Distinguish yourself from your competitors.
- National benefits of a recognised endorsement from your industry.
All Awards, (aside from the Student Water Prize and the WA Innovating for Sustainable Water and Environmental Outcomes Award), are open to Australian Water Association members only. To download the Conditions of Entry click here.
The WA Don Montgomery Award
In 1996 the WA Branch created the Don Montgomery Award for outstanding service to the WA Branch.
Find out more here
Frequently asked questions
To view the Award FAQs, click here.