WSUD Category: Wetland/lake algae management
|Development Type:||Public Open Space|
|Government Area:||City of Rockingham|
Type of wetland
- Has one aerator
Description of the wetland management issue
Water can become green, with floating and filamentous algae
- Name of treatment: Three Simplot products; Blast, Vista and Aquasphere. According to the manufacturer, all products are a proprietary blend of naturally occurring, non-pathogenic, non-genetically altered microorganisms on a natural carrier.
- Quantity used: 1 x Vista and 3 x Blast for 3 weekly applications, and 1 x Aqua sphere.
- Method of application: These are all simply packets or spheres thrown into the lake.
- Is there any known scientific research supporting its effectiveness?☐ Yes ☒No
Date(s) of treatment
Blast and Vista treatments were applied in 2019 on 11 Sep, 23 Sep and 3 October. Aquasphere was applied on 22 October.
Outcome of treatment
- Visual observations: Before treatment water was green and had filamentous algae, after the three treatments of Blast and Vista the water was quite clear.
- Have water parameters specific to the treatment claims been measured before and after application? ☐ Yes ☒ No
Contact Officer: David Latham, Horticultural Supervisor
Email: [email protected]