WSUD Category: Wetland/lake algae management
|Development Type:||Public Open Space|
|Government Area:||City of Rockingham|
Type of wetland
- Has 2 x aerators
Description of the wetland management issue
Water all year around is green, no floating or filamentous algae.
- Name of treatment: Aquaritin. According to the manufacturer, Aquaritin technology acts on diatoms and triggers release of oxygen nano-bubbles.
- Quantity used: 310ml per dose
- Method of application: Mix in bucket and spread around the edge of lake.
- Is there any known scientific research supporting its effectiveness? ☐ Yes ☒No
Date(s) of treatment
Ongoing trail, with applications made throughout 2019 on 20 Aug, 28 Aug, 4 Sep, 13 Sep and 16 Oct (to date)
Outcome of treatment
- Visual observations: Before treatment water was green. After three treatments the water was clear with no green was visually detectable.
- Have water parameters specific to the treatment claims been measured before and after application? ☒ Yes ☐ No
- Water quality tests were completed before treatment but will wait till March 2020 to re-test.
Contact Officer: David Latham, Horticultural Supervisor
Email: [email protected]