- This event has passed.
Recent State Planning Policies (SPP), particularly the Design WA suite and draft Planning for Water SPP, emphasise the importance of responding to site context as part of any planning or development activity.
These sessions have been developed to share learnings from the application of water sensitive urban design over the last decade with a focus on using site context to optimise outcomes and are framed around site context that is representative of the key critical conditions in the Perth and Peel region. Additional sessions have also been developed to provide more detail around key areas of application.
The NWW training sessions for 2022 are:
- WSUD for greenfield development in sandy soils – 9-12pm, Tuesday 22 February 2022
- WSUD for greenfield development in areas with shallow groundwater – 9-12pm, Tuesday 15 March
- WSUD for development in the Hills – 9-12pm, Tuesday 5 April
- WSUD for infill development – 9-12pm, Tuesday 26 April
- Integrating WSUD into public spaces – 9-12pm, Tuesday 17 May
- Using water balances to understand site context and conditions – 9-12pm, Tuesday 14 June
These sessions are aimed at local government and industry planners, engineers, landscape architects, asset managers and developers to assist our industry to better deliver water sensitive cities in a Perth and Peel context.