- This event has passed.
Our Sustainability Series aims to engage and encourage our community members to learn about and commit to sustainability in our everyday lives.
Join us for this Waterwise workshop run by the Forever Project team and be inspired to make your garden thrive without wasting precious resources.
- Productive and Waterwise gardening in Perth Metro suburbia with limited backyard spaces
- Waterwise verge planting featuring the City’s street verge guidelines
- Stormwater management, natural water cycles and water sensitive design
Participants will learn:-
- About the impacts of fertilizer use and feeding birds on water quality and how land holders can reduce their impacts on the catchment
- Secrets and strategies for creating a beautiful, heatwave proof resilient garden that will lift the value, vibrancy and livability of your home whilst slashing the need for water, fertilizer and other chemicals
- Principles of waterwise verge gardens whilst adhering to the City’s street verge guildelines. Verge gardens can provide a corridor and habitat for wildlife enriching the ambience of your street
Chris Ferreira’s multi-award-winning company, The Forever Project, is one of Australia’s most innovative sustainability and behaviour change businesses. Drawing on his degree in forestry from ANU and nearly two decades of experience, he has taught over 140,000 people how to develop sustainable properties, and has become a powerful agent for healthier landscapes, communities and lives.
Target audience : Adults, all ages – City of Wanneroo residents.
Free – Bookings essential. Light lunch provided
Please cancel your tickets or advise one of our team if your plans change and you are unable to attend this event.