- This event has passed.
The aim of the workshop is to assist Local Government staff that support planning teams to better understand State and Local Government planning processes, and key intervention points at the strategic and statutory planning levels to improve environmental outcomes.
The workshop will provide an overview of the WA planning framework and State Planning initiatives, and mechanisms available to Local Government through Local Planning Strategies, Schemes and policies. Key topics include:
• native vegetation protection
• urban canopy retention
• wetland and creek line buffers
• habitat connectivity
• environmental water provisions
• flood management
• bushfire risk management
• movement of terrestrial fauna in urban areas
• environmental sensitive design for buildings
The program will include a Masterclass on ‘planning for non-planners’, and leadership case studies from Local Government.