This course will provide participants with practical information on the role of local planning strategies in guiding future required precinct planning. It will also explain how the Precinct Design policy should be applied to support consistent preparation of precinct plans (precinct structure plans and local development plans), and rigorous and effective assessment of those plans.
Practical workshop activities will invite participants to consider the process of developing a precinct plan.
Planning professionals and allied professions, including local government planners, consultant planners, councillors and design professionals, would benefit most from this course.
- Understand the purpose of Precinct Design
- Understand the role of local planning strategies in identifying and providing direction for areas that require future precinct planning
- Understand the process of Precinct Design with a focus on preparing a precinct plan
- knowing your precinct type and form
- site and context analysis
- undertaking pre-lodgement discussions
- engaging stakeholders
- setting precinct boundaries
- considering feasibility
- design and implementation
- Consider common planning, design and assessment issues that may arise when preparing precinct plans.