- This event has passed.
This workshop aims to develop a prioritised action plan to improve stormwater and groundwater modelling, design and management in Perth and Peel.
This full day facilitated workshop is aimed at Local Government officers responsible for drainage management and subdivision approvals, consultants undertaking modelling studies and developing drainage designs, Government agencies associated with drainage and representatives from IPWEA, IEAust, UDIA and Stormwater Australia.
The day will include:
• Presentations outlining important lessons learned from recent studies and providing insights to new Australian Rainfall and Runoff modelling principles and practices that should be applied.
• A forum for discussion of issues faced by local governments when assessing urban water management reports and considering opportunities to manage the total water cycle.
• An opportunity to identify and prioritise actions to address issues, build capacity and improve technical delivery in WA.
At the end of this workshop, attendees will:
• Have shared their experiences of modelling and/or assessing water management reports
• Have an appreciation of available information, tools and guidelines for urban water management including key learnings from recent significant studies
• Have contributed to the development of a 3 or 5 year prioritised action plan for drainage systems in Perth and Peel.