- This event has passed.
Are you one of South Australia’s emerging urban water leaders looking to develop your skills in:
- building partnerships and
- influencing within your organisation or across boundaries
to deliver better water sensitive urban design and associated urban greening outcomes?
For Adelaide to become a National Park City, stronger partnerships between urban water and greening strategists and practitioners are needed. Do you have the knowledge and skills to support your organisation to deliver upon this vision?
André Taylor returns to deliver the course in Adelaide for the first time since 2016. This represents a rare opportunity to be trained and mentored by one of Australia’s foremost experts in methods to build leadership capacity to affect change in urban water strategy and management.
What will I gain from the course?
By the end of the workshop series you will develop your own:
- Individual leadership development plan
- Team charter: Providing a framework for defining values, behavioural norms, processes and communication for your team
- Networking activities plan and influencing strategy
What does the course cover?
Module 1: Introduction to leadership in the water sector and self-leadership | 3 May 2021
- Introduction to leadership: Key definitions and concepts
- Ethics and leadership
- Introduction to leadership in the water sector, with a focus on exploring important leadership roles
- Leadership development: Principles and methods
- An introduction to self-leadership, with a focus on clarifying one’s purpose and values
Module 2: Leading high performing teams in the water sector | 19 July 2021
- Introduction to the nature of teams, including teams in the water sector
- Playing the team leader role: Tools and guidelines
- Using transformational leadership as a team leader
- Leading virtual teams
- Exploring common team leadership challenges
Module 3: Leading across boundaries and addressing complex challenges | 18 October 2021
- Introduction to leading without authority
- Building your power bases
- 10 tips to become more influential
- Social networking
- An introduction to adaptive leadership
Mentoring: Revisit your personal, team and influencing plans | 21 February 2022 (optional)
- Revisit concepts from Workshops #1, #2 and #3 and reflect on their application in your role, personal leadership plans and influencing strategies
- Participant presentations
- Explore what is next in your leadership development journey
Payment via invoice can be arranged – payment is required prior to Module 1. Please email Kathryn Bothe for further details.
Modules 1, 2 and 3
- $1,000 + GST – Water Sensitive SA Partners
- $1,500 + GST – Non-partners
- $375 + GST – Water Sensitive SA Partners
- $450 + GST – Non-partners
More information: www.watersensitivesa.com | Events & training