The outcomes of the Indigenous stream of the Small Water and Wastewater Systems Conference, held at Murdoch University in December 2019, were conclusive. Several recommendations were put forward, that:
– SMART Communities be created for all;
– there be a holistic approach to infrastructure projects;
– an Indigenous round table on water be formed, and:
1. there be follow up meetings,
2. scoping a trial for regional service providers,
3. a plan be created for the whole region.
You may have attended the conference or know someone who did. Now we move forward and will hold the first workshop at Murdoch University from the 8th to 11th February 2021.
You are invited to register for the 4-day workshop (workshops, field trips and a technical tour) – if you can in person, alternatively you can attend online. Either way please complete the form on the reverse side of this and return ASAP.
We will pay registration, travel and accommodation for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Island attendees.
Spaces are limited so special consideration will be given to organizations and individuals where funding sources are limited.
We acknowledge the financial support of the Federal Minister for Indigenous Australians.
email: [email protected]