CRC for Water Sensitive Cities National Research Adoption Tour
16/11/2018 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Practitioners looking for the evidence base to support mainstreaming of water sensitive technologies and practices now have access to a suite of tools from the Cooperative Research Centre for Water Sensitive Cities (CRCWSC).
CRCWSC research outputs have been translated into tools and guides to provide answers to common questions:
- How do I support my Council transition to a water sensitive community?
- How do I benchmark where we are now in that journey?
- ·How can I monetise the benefits of water sensitive approaches to demonstrate the economics of blue and green solutions?
- How can I show that WSUD approaches provide urban cooling to offset urban heat impacts?
- How can we reimagine the built form of urban infill to contribute water sensitive city outcomes and restore balance in the urban water cycle?
- What projects are demonstrating innovation in water sensitive urban design at the national scale?
During this seminar, local practitioners will demonstrate how CRCWSC tools have been applied to WA projects to support transitions and scenario test water sensitive solutions, in particular:
- Water Sensitive Cities (benchmarking) index and transition dynamic framework.
- Extreme heat mapping (Microclimate) tool
- Cost-benefit analysis tool for water related projects
- Water mass balance tool applied to a range of urban infill typologies
- Case studies of national exemplars in water sensitive urban design.
- Transition Dynamics Framework.
Join us to see how CRCWSC research outputs have been translated into a form that practitioners can apply within their roles to bring about the change needed for water sensitive city transitions.