- This event has passed.
Online – Zoom
*Please note this a registration fee will be required to attend this course – more details below
- Construction Hold Points Biofilters: 23 November 10am – 12.30pm
- Construction Hold Points Wetlands: 30 November 10am – 12.30pm
Both sessions: Commerical $340 / Government $310
One session: Commerical $210 / Government $180
Are you responsible for inspecting construction milestones for WSUD assets? Do you want to learn tips on what to look for to ensure specification requirements are complied with?
Clearwater and Melbourne Water’s Living Rivers Program have developed this training course to help local government improve their skills and processes in WSUD construction management to ensure WSUD assets are constructed as designed and fully-functional to accept at handover.
This training aims to improve theoretical and practical understanding of the hold points required for construction of bio-retention systems and wetlands specifically.
By the end of this session you will have:
- learned how to conduct critical hold-points assessments to ensure assets are constructed as designed
- built knowledge of common WSUD construction issues and how to avoid them
- improved your understanding of how to streamline the WSUD design-construction-handover process, including roles and responsibilities
- shared and discussed challenges, pitfalls and solutions with a network of industry peers
Ideal for project site inspectors and project management staff, WSUD officers, engineers and environmental officers from government or commercial organisations. Clearwater encourages professionals working in the following areas to attend:
- stormwater management (including those overseeing project funding and grants)
- waterway & catchment management
- water / waste water / drainage infrastructure management
- project and construction management
Due to the technical content of this workshop, participants should have a sound understanding of WSUD principles and different types of stormwater treatment technologies.
Alexandra Brown – Spiire
Jamie Comley – J Comley Consulting
Our trainers are experts in their field and bring a wealth of knowledge and experience.
Expressions of interest close date:
Wednesday 28 October for November delivery.
PH: 9679 7711