Type of wetland
- Has 2 x Aerators and a sub-surface aeration system
Description of the wetland management issue
Water all year around is green, has surface algae.
- Name of treatment: Soilzyme
- Quantity used: 35 litres per dose 4 times a year.
- Method of application: Poured around the perimeter of the lake in the concentrated form.
- Is there any known scientific research supporting its effectiveness? ☐ Yes ☒No
Date(s) of treatment
Applied on 20 August and 13 Sep 2019 (to date).
Outcome of treatment
- Visual observations: Before treatment water was green and had severe surface algae. After the two treatments the water has lost most of the green colour and the surface algae has gone.
- Have water parameters specific to the treatment claims been measured before and after application? ☒ Yes ☐ No
- Water quality tests were completed before treatment but will wait till March 2020 to re-test.
Contact Officer: David Latham
Email: [email protected]