New WAter Ways Training
WSUD Training Sessions
Optimising water sensitive urban design outcomes in Perth and Peel.
Recent State Planning Policies (SPP), particularly the Design WA suite and draft Planning for Water SPP, emphasise the importance of responding to site context as part of any planning or development activity.
These training sessions have been developed to share learnings from the application of water sensitive urban design over the last decade with a focus on using site context to optimise outcomes and are framed around site context that is representative of the key critical conditions in the Perth and Peel region. Additional sessions have also been developed to provide more detail around key areas of application.
These sessions are aimed at local government and industry planners, engineers, landscape architects, asset managers and developers to assist our industry to better deliver water sensitive cities in a Perth and Peel context.
DATE: Various Thursdays from February to June 2023, see below
TIME: 9am - 12pm
VENUE: DBCA State Operation Headquarters, 17 Dick Perry Avenue, Kensington
COST: $55pp (incl GST) for each session, includes morning tea
The NWW training sessions for 2023 are:
- WSUD for greenfield development in sandy soils - 9-12pm, Thursday 2 March 2023
- WSUD for greenfield development in areas with shallow groundwater - 9-12pm, Thursday 16 March 2023
- WSUD for development in the Hills - 9-12pm, Thursday 6 April 2023
- WSUD for infill development - 9-12pm, Thursday 27 April 2023
- Integrating WSUD into public spaces - 9-12pm, Thursday 18 May 2023
- Using water balances to understand site context and conditions - 9-12pm, Thursday 8 June 2023
Spaces are limited - REGISTER HERE to secure your place.
We are also offering a 33% discount for participants who want to attend all sessions. You can register for all six sessions for $200 plus GST.
Looking for Information? Have a look at some of our resources.
Department of Lands and Heratige
Department of Water and Environment
Department of Biodiversity