The Western Australian Planning Commission (WAPC) has released draft State Planning Policy 2.9 Planning for Water (SPP 2.9) and Planning for Water Guidelines (Guidelines) for public comment.
- Draft State Planning Policy 2.9 Planning for Water Policy
- Draft State Planning Policy 2.9 Planning for Water Guidelines
Draft SPP 2.9 and Guidelines streamline and simplify the current framework to deliver greater clarity around how water-related provisions are implemented. The draft policy and guidelines consolidate:
- State Planning Policy 2.1 Peel-Harvey Coastal Plain Catchment
- State Planning Policy 2.2 Gnangara Groundwater Protections
- State Planning Policy 2.3 Jandakot groundwater protection
- State Planning Policy 2.7 Public Drinking Water Source Policy
- State Planning Policy 2.9 Water Resources
- Better Urban Water Management
- State Planning Policy 2.10 Swan Canning River System
- the policy measures that address flooding within State Planning Policy 3.4 Natural Hazards and Disasters
- Government Sewerage Policy.
When making a submission please make sure you:
- include the section or page number to which your comment relates
- clearly state your opinion and the reasons for your opinion
- outline alternatives or solutions to your area of interest
- provide any additional information to support your comments.
Late submissions will not be considered.
Further information on draft SPP 2.9 and guidelines can be found on the DPLH website.