The objective of the workshop were to understand key findings regarding hydrology and nutrient transport processes in groundwater/surface water systems and discuss the implications for future urban development.
The workshop included:
- an overview of the project
- presentations on the performance of groundwater/ surface water systems: Anvil Way comp basin, Wharf St constructed wetland and Byford swales
- guidance for monitoring the hydrology and nutrient transport processes in groundwater/surface water systems
- discussion of the implications of the results for regulators, environmental managers and the development industry; and
- development of an agreed approach to future research and development.
This event was particularly rlevant for those working in the development industry with an interst in achieveing better urban water management outcomes.